Ballajura Community College commenced operations in 1995. It has grown from an initial enrolment of 650 students to more than 1300 in 2018 (Years 7 – 12). The College welcomes the community to contribute as active partners in its educational, sporting, cultural and recreational programs.
The College Board
Ballajura Community College is an investment in the future of the Western Australian community. As educational innovators staff, in partnership with the community, challenge and expand frontiers in learning and teaching to inspire and serve our students’ needs.
Our greatest strengths are our staff and the College community. We aggressively recruit highly qualified staff with attributes of being caring, compassionate, relationship builders with a commitment to excellence. We empower our staff, encourage and reward creativity, initiative and teamwork in the pursuit of continual improvement in our subject, courses and pathway offerings.
We preserve the community’s confidence and trust by ensuring that our mission is consistent with informed educational learning and teaching practice, carefully conceived, and well executed. We deliver what we promise and we readily accept our accountability for our performance. We are bold but prudent in confronting challenges and accepting risks. We work with integrity and are dedicated to fulfilling our vision, creating and maintaining Ballajura Community College as a place of learning excellence.
Ballajura Community College is dedicated to our values of respect, equity, achievement, care and health.
Ethos: – We create the future together by:
- Creating and maintaining a flexible, caring and supportive learning environment through whole College collaboration.
- Ensuring decision making processes involve students, staff, parents and community.
- Practising the principles of learning, teaching and assessment.
- Encouraging students to become successful learners.
- Adopting an integrated student-centred approach to learning and teaching.
- Having a responsible and accountable College community.
- Having a healthy and safe environment.
The College is part of the community; and the community is part of the College. This is the environment we want to enable the vision and purpose of Ballajura Community College to be achieved.