Code of Conduct
Student performance and wellbeing
- At Ballajura Community College we strive for the highest possible standards of achievement for all our students. These achievement expectations are for every one of our students, no matter their background. Our student and staff population is rich in cultural diversity, comprising of over sixty nationalities.
- We create a welcoming and supportive learning environment that respects cultures, languages and experiences by being culturally responsive and taking a holistic approach with parents, families and the community.
- College staff understand that, while striving for excellent student achievement, we also aim to create a safe and caring environment. Staff are concerned with the students’ social and moral development, encouraging them to become successful lifelong learners through an integrated student-centred approach to teaching and learning
Positive behaviour support
- In 2014 Ballajura Community College committed to becoming a Positive Behaviour Support College. A leadership team identified in the College comprised of teachers, Heads of Department, Deputy Principals and the College Principal.
- The purpose of this team is to establish and implement explicit college practices that have common and consistent approaches to positive behaviour, social skills and expectations for achievement, in a safe and supportive learning environment.
- After extensive collaboration and data collection between students, staff, parents, families and the community, our REACH philosophy was developed. The REACH philosophy defines expected behaviours at Ballajura Community College. The art work was developed by students and stands for;
R = Respect
E = Equity
A = Achievement
C = Care
H = Health
- The REACH Matrix defines expected behaviours for the College community, uses positive language and reflects the culture of the College.
- Expected behaviours are modelled by staff and explicitly taught to students consistently across all learning areas.
- The matrix not only defines behaviour expectations for students and staff, it can also be used by the entire College and wider community.